Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thing 23

Wow. I finally finished! I must say, although it took me a lot longer than I thought it would (probably cause I was having such fun playing with some of the new tools I discovered), I loved every minute of this program.

Much of what I am supposed to blog about in this final Thing, I covered in Thing 22. If it wasn't for 23 Things on a Stick, I would not have the knowledge relating to some of these web 2.0 tools. I thought I knew and understood Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. In reality... I had no idea what was out there! Yeah sure, I had already been blogging, I used Google Docs and shared documents with friends online, had a You Tube account, and played a few online games. But I now have a better understanding of the whole web 2.0 concept and the idea of having the ability to communicate, respond, manipulate and provide content all in regards to sharing information. The web is now a two-way street instead of a one way.

I now have a better understanding of RSS Feeds and Feed readers. I would have never opened a Facebook account and I now have found (or was found) and communicated with old friends and colleagues. I didn't know it was so easy to create my own podcasts and have people actually subscribe to them via their feed readers! I was introduced to cool social networks like Library Thing and Ning. These tools I will no doubt use in my personal life, and I hope to use them in my professional life as well.

I am really looking forward to the next 23 Things. I am anxious to see what else is out there. I am learning so much. I am sure this new knowledge will make me a better Librarian. Thanks.

Oh, and 23 Things provided an opportunity for Library Guy and his cat Grace to bond...