Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thing 22

Keeping current with Web 2.0 is gonna be tough, but after working on the Things, I have been given hope. I currently author and keep current four different blogs, connect and communicate with past and current school friends and co-workers using my Facebook account, and subscribe to several feeds and podcasts using my Bloglines aggregator. Using these tools daily will help me keep up as I see and hear about new communication and information gadgets available. As instructed in this Thing, I chose to subscribe to the Feed from the 'Tame the Web' blog. I always learn something new and interesting relating to Web 2.0 sites and applications from this blog. I also am a Google nut, as I am constantly exploring their Google Labs section to see what their latest 'invention' is.

Checking my new tools (blogs, RSS aggregator, social network accounts) is a daily routine for me now - just like checking my email. I am so looking forward to the next 23 Things next year. Programs like these are instrumental in learning these new applications. Sure, one can read about these tools, but to really learn them, you must have hands-on experience.

Grace enjoys when I experiment with web 2.0 sites as well and hopes I keep up with them. It provides her with an opportunity to attempt to lay on the warm keyboard.

No comments: