Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thing 18

I am quite familiar with Youtube and have a couple of accounts. Not only do I frequently search Youtube for videos, I have posted videos as well (Good luck finding the one of me playing my guitar and singing...).

I often use videos from You Tube to help teach my Internet classes. I really enjoy the video series 'In Plain English" produced by Commoncraft. They have many videos relating to web 2.0 and they are easy to understand. I show their video 'Blogs in Plain English' in my Blogging workshop. I think libraries could use online video in a variety of ways (promoting programs, online library tours, poetry reading, and bibliographic instruction).

The following video is quite nostalgic for me. I used to get so excited as a tot watching Saturday morning cartoons (in my pajamas eating my Honeycombs) when this one would come on sometime between Super Friends and Spiderman and his Amazing Friends...


Grace does not care much for online video or You Tube. I have tried recording her doing cute things so that I can post them, but she never seems to want to perform when the camera is on. Kinda like that singing frog from the Bugs Bunny cartoons...

2 comments:

Carrie Watts said...

Ummm. Why was I not appraised of your UTube guitar-playing debut? I must see this!

Carly said...

Ooh, LOVE Schoolhouse Rock! They have a great DVD set of all of them, and I think we have the CD version so you can learn Rufus Xavier Sarsparilla and play it on your guitar on You Tube.