Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thing 17

Well, I registered for an account in EBSCO and created a web page using Page Composer. It is kinda cool, but not quite sure what the point is. I was able to email my page to myself and then view it, but after I saved it to my computer, all I got was a blank white page when trying to view it. I can, however, view the page after I go back into My EBSCO page. Hmmmm. I will keep experimenting. Some of the features that you can add to your site are cool, though. I uploaded a photo and added a search box to the page that will search articles in the MasterFILE Premier database. I am going to try the RSS Feeds next....

I must say, I am having a bit of trouble. I tried subscribing with an RSS Feed from MasterFILE so articles containing my keywords would appear in my Bloglines aggregator, but it does not seem to be working. I notice that others have been reporting problems as well. Perhaps I will try again later. The News Alert function is excellent for anyone researching a topic using the EBSCO databases.

Grace could care less about Thing 17.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hello Library Guy's 23,

My name is Dana Petra. I live in Bogor, West Java, Indonesia. It's nice to work at library, isn't it? I have learn and work at my church library. If you want to know me, you can visit my web http://www.library.site88.net , but that web is written in Indonesian, if you want to see my picture or my job, you can visit http://www.myjourney.net63.net or you can visit my blog at http://soilsurveyor.blogspot.com. See you later.

Regards,
Dana Petra