Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 12

I found these social media sites very interesting as I consider myself a news junkie. I check many different news sites several times a day (usually Google News). I guess I had never noticed the 'share' or 'article tools' on news sites before. I just read a story online form the Star Tribune and noticed tool buttons for Digg, Reddit, and Del.icio.us.

I love the idea of readers deciding what is important instead of the editors. I spent some time messing with both Reddit and Digg. I kinda like my news a little more organized (like the way a newspaper is layed out - why I like Google News). I do like the way Digg organizes by categories using tabs at the top of their homepage. I also read some stories from the New York Times site and recommended a couple to Mixx and Digg. Cool stuff!

No comments: